In January 2020, the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) convened a Working Group of sponsors, CROs, technology companies, and site representatives to provide recommendations regarding the roles and competencies considering increased use of technology in clinical trials. Teckro was among the technology companies to participate.
This white paper is the result of the Working Group recommendation as well as direct field feedback from a survey of clinical trial professionals who saw their jobs dramatically change as a result of COVID-19.
Key findings include:
- The majority of decentralized clinical trials will be hybrid, at least in the short term.
- Aspects of decentralization will be leveraged more often and accepted more by the industry due to COVID-19.
- Increased use of technology will impact nearly every role, bringing new levels of flexibility and efficiency.
- Rather than threatening job roles, technology will require the need to evolve existing roles.
- Technology training must be standard practice and written into each site manual and delegation log.
"Modifying methodologies and increasing the use of technology will ultimately improve clinical research. However, it will require patience and understanding to navigate our way through this transformational change."
ACRP provides a wealth of resources, including certifications and training courses as well as industry news, insights and also networking opportunities with industry peers. Visit the ACRP.org for more information.